Tuesday, October 21, 2008

All My Children ~ Farewell Eileen Herlie {Myrtle Fargate} Welcome Back Doctor David Hayward {Vincent Irizarry }

Eileen Herlie ~ March 18, 1918 ~ October 8, 2008

Eileen Herlie [Myrtle Fargate]

Alicia Minshew [Kendall Hart Slater] Vincent Irizarry [Doctor David Hayward] Rebecca Budig [Greenlee Smythe]



Sadly soap fans have lost one of their most beloved doyennes. On October 8, 2008 Eileen Herlie, All My Children's Myrtle Fargate, succumbed to pneumonia. Ms.Herlie had quite an impressive resume having worked with Sir Lawrence Olivier, Sidney Lumet, Faye Dunaway, and other luminaries prior to and during her time on daytime's All My Children. Myrtle was one of my favorites, and she will be sorely missed. May the gods speed.


In happier daytime news, Alicia Minshew, All My Children's Kendall Hart Slater is getting married. Ms. Minshew will be taking a break from the show to wed and honeymoon. Her hubby is the proprieter of one of the Upper West Side's more popular bars, Prohibition. Best wishes to them and happy honeymoon.


Rebecca Budig, All My Children's Greenlee Smythe, is pursuing her bliss, leaving the show to tour with her husband and his band, Band On TV.


Vincent Irizarry will return to All My Children on the episode airing Thursday October 23, 2008, reprising his role as Doctor David Hayward.


my newest passion is Daytime Confidential A fun site on what's happening in daytime, audio interviews with daytime's stars, and lots of good pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to tell me what you think ;-)